Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Family History Work



I have always been proud of my pioneer family history. My mom and her family are direct decedents of Wilford Woodruff (yep my moms madden name is Woodruff) so I guess I am too!! I love the strong heritage from which I come from, strong believers of out faith and examples of Christ. (My only complaint is that Wilford Woodruff was so good at journal writing, I cant help feeling guilty that I am not so good at it myself.) I have this secret desire to have a physical trait that is from Wilford Woodruff.

But enough that rambling. My ward is preparing to go to Martins Cove this summer and to learn about the rescue party and how we serve as rescuers through temple work. Part of the preparation has been the challenge to begin to do our family history work. So I decided to go for it.

Let me say this I never know it could be so overwhelming!!! I have spent months finding times and today I took them to temple to printed off and be ready to go. I am so excited to be able to do their work.

What excites me is that I have found a few names in the Woodruff/Delightstocking line. For whatever reason I cant help but feel that I am giving back to my wonderful Great Great Great Great Grandpa by sealing his family to him. He was such an influential leader in church history, a strong president of the Church and a wonderful example to his family and now I have a way to give back to him.

I know its silly but I am loving that I am able to do this and am excited to start the work.

Thank you wonderful bishopric for challenging us to do this.

No comments: